Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD)
Prince is a leading, global supplier of high-performance Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD). Prince’s line of EMD products has evolved to respond to new trends in the international battery materials market. With dedicated facilities in the U.S. and in China, Prince’s EMD products are used as an active ingredient in the cathode mix of primary alkaline batteries and as a raw material for LMO cathode production.
Prince’s new line of EMD products was developed to help battery producers meet new market and consumer trends such as:
Higher energy density
- Better compaction
- Consistently high quality due to stringent process controls
Improved battery electrochemical performance and longer shelf-life
- Best-in-class consistency with low lot-to-lot variation of physical and chemical characteristics
- Optimized products with a range of surface areas for each discharge-performance requirement
Faster production lines
- Improved processability / reduced scrap costs
- Ease of compaction
- Extended tool life
Low environmental impact
- Highest standards of environmental management within the EMD industry
- Lowest rate of emissions and byproduct generation thanks to high quality raw materials and best-in-class production processes
- ISO 14001 certified
Want to know more? Please contact us for detailed information on our product solutions or to speak with us about product recommendations. Get more information and advice from our team of experts!
Our line of products, based on patented and patent-pending technologies, targets multiple market segments and customer performance requirements:
- EAB 211
- GK-A II
- GK-A III
In addition to EMD for alkaline batteries, Prince also manufactures EMD specifically designed for LMO li-ion batteries.