Prince supplies its line of ForgeOx® glass lubricants for closed and open die forging, extrusion, and de-scaling operations. ForgeOx® is used in critical, high-precision markets like aerospace, commercial, and medical.
Part protection with Prince
Our glass lubricants enable the preform / billet to be coated at ambient temperature. ForeOx® fuses to protect the part during pre-heating and forging operations.
ForgeOx® provides improved quality
- Surface improvement – as the part deforms, so does the glass. By matching the flow of the glass to that of the metal, the glass is capable of encapsulating the part during numerous passes
- Minimized oxide layer growth
- Inhibited hydrogen pickup
And cost savings
- Reduced energy needed to form a part, which also translates to longer die life
- Eliminated or reduced need for reheating from longer heat retention
- Eliminated expensive preheating in an inert or reducing atmosphere by providing a barrier between the work piece and the atmosphere
- Easy removal of scale for alloys where oxide growth occurs rapidly prior to glass fusing
Want to know more? Please contact us for detailed information on our product solutions or to speak with us about product recommendations. Get more information and advice from our team of experts!
Prince’s glass lubricants are engineered to meet the needs of the forger. Due to variances in preheat temperature, preform size, surface area, and deformation, it is possible to vary the recipe to highlight certain properties such as insulation or lubrication.
Please contact us to request a copy of our ForgeOx® product reference guide.