Prince is a leading producer of enamel coatings for the enamelware market. From humble beginnings in 1910, the PEMCO® brand of performance coatings are now manufactured globally by Prince in our state-of-the-art facilities, utilizing the latest technologies. Over the past 100 years, PEMCO® enamel products have grown to become a globally renowned brand name. PEMCO® frits are high quality, tailor-made product solutions supported by world-class global porcelain enamel technical service experts.
Global innovation with local enamel market expertise and dedicated technical personnel
Prince specializes in understanding the role of porcelain enamels across a wide spectrum of applications and is a long serving supplier to some of the world’s largest and most famous manufacturers. Through technical know-how, Prince formulates specialty frit-based products that meet the needs of the appliance, architectural, BBQ, hot water tank, sanitaryware, cookware, and other industrial markets.
Frits are the basis and main components of enamel coatings. Quality raw materials are blended and melted to create a frit technically adapted for different applications. Each PEMCO® frit is individually designed to address the complex variables of chemistry and end use application.
Prince has dedicated international innovation centers and local technical service personnel to assist customers in their own factories with achieving consistent, high quality output and increasing their productivity. Our global footprint includes production sites in the USA, South America, and Europe, as well as our porcelain enamel center of excellence in Bruges. Prince has additional technology centers and warehouses in Mexico, China, and Brazil.
Prince is proud to be the only independent porcelain enamel smelter in the USA.
Expansive range of high-quality products
From world-class raw materials and ISO accredited production facilities to global presence and process knowledge, Prince develops product solutions for all porcelain enamel needs.
- Prince continues to be the front runner in porcelain enamel innovation with the latest technological improvements to its POESTA® electrostatic powders. The advantages of electrostatic powders include automated application, reduction of hazardous waste, lower energy consumption for milling and drying and labor costs in mill room and set up, excellent finish quality, and maximized utilization of material.
- Prince now offers the exclusive “Nano-clean” coating – an easy-to-clean topcoat for the appliance market.
- Prince supplies customized direct-on ground coats for both electrostatic powder and wet applications
- Prince supplies white, transparent, and opaque coats for both electrostatic powder and wet applications and can be engineered to match desired color, aspect, or effect.
- Prince supplies pre-milled, ready-to-use formulations that provide customers with a powder for liquid applications. The carefully formulated pre-milled products eliminates the need for costly milling equipment – simply add water and mix!
Prince’s continued innovation has led to the development of Ecomail™, a new generation of more environmentally friendly and sustainable enamel products. Ecomail™ is a patent-pending product developed to provide functionality and performance while being free of cobalt and nickel.