Prince is continuously developing new enamels with improved properties to fulfil the latest industry standards and consumer demands. This is done by improving the chemical resistance of our enamel frits, whilst simultaneously reducing or even completely eliminating elements that are known or considered hazardous. Ecomail™ was developed by Prince as a more sustainable enamel coating.
Prince strives to go beyond simply complying with existing standards and seeks to be a global industry leader in innovation and sustainability. For porcelain enamel coatings that are used as food contact material (especially for tableware, cookware, and baking trays), there are a lot of standards and regulations that must be fulfilled. The same is true for porcelain enamel coatings that are used in hot water tanks in which drinkable water is stored/heated.
As a result, Prince is pleased to introduce its patent-pending Ecomail™ coatings, a new generation of enamels developed free of the heavy metals Cobalt and Nickel.
The advantages and benefits of Ecomail™ include:
- The “greenest” and most ecological direct-on porcelain enamels available on the market
- A safer product for manufacturing operators
- A full product range of colors for direct on enamels
- No volatility from price or availability of cobalt and nickel
- Anticipation of future restrictions on hazard regulations of cobalt & nickel, especially for the European market
- Additional coating options available without borax (a substance of very high concern (SVHC))
- Good adherence & surface smoothness
- Only nickel-free, brown product for direct-on enameling